Skanska AB is a leading international project development and construction company listed on the OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm. Skanska IT Nordic is a support unit within Skanska and functions as the one-stop-shop for IT Services delivered to the Skanska Business units and 10,000 end users in the Nordics. We are organized and staffed to effectively interact with the business units, to deliver committed IT services and to develop services strategically and operationally.
The functional organization is grouped into functions for Demand and Service Management, Enterprise Architecture, Application Services and Infrastructure Services, and staff functions for Finance and Business Development as well as HR and Communications.
Most of the services are provided with in-house resources and the strategy is selective out-sourcing. The services are provided by our close to 200 team members located in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Estonia.
Skanska IT Nordic is headquartered in Stockholm, Solna. We use proven models and methods, such as PPS, ITIL, and PM3 to ensure effective delivery of services, including the ambition to be as “Green” as possible.
Director Application Services
Primary assignment and responsibilities
• Member of the IT Nordic Management team, reporting to the Head of IT Nordic
• Lead, manage and develop the Application Services function within agreed budget, and report performance
• Leadership with six direct reporting group managers
• Lead, motivate, develop and appraise employees in the Application Services function to ensure optimal IT development
• Ensure development and enhancement of IT functionality and applications according to agreed budget and schedules
• Work closely with the Demand and Service Management and Enterprise Architecture functions to understand IT development requirements which indicates short and long term resource and competence requirements
• Work closely with the Infrastructure Services function to transition developments into deployment of new IT Infrastructure functionality
• Keep up-to-date with new technological developments on the market that can enhance the IT development process
• Solid leadership/management experience leading international teams in relevant areas
• Proven track record with IT Application Services, IT Infrastructure Services Business process development or equivalent position
• Significant experience from Business system development, support and operations as leader or expert
• Preferred experience of change management and successful business partner interaction
• Fluent oral and written in English and one Scandinavian language
Required academic qualifications
Preferably Masters Degree in IT, Management or Economics
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong communicator
• Teamwork oriented
• People oriented
• Thrives in a dynamic environment
Location: Solna, Stockholm or Oslo
Home page: http://www.skanska.se
Contacts: Tor-Egil Ruud
Telephone: +47 22 40 40 80