Protan is a Norwegian industrial company that is a world leader in membrane technology for water protection and infrastructure. We develop and produce membranes, roof systems, ventilation systems and technical textiles for Norwegian and international markets. We have factories in Norway, Poland and Turkey. We have a revenue of approx. 2 billion NOK and supply different industries like construction, tunnel & mining, fish farming, multi-purpose structure and oil&gas.
We are now looking for a manufacturing engineer who are going to plan, initiate and improve manufacturing methods and principles for new and existing manufacturing processes. We want to achieve optimal efficiency, minimum lead time and zero defects. In addition, you will perform investment analysis when introducing new machines and equipment, and you will lead manufacturing processes of new product development.
- Lead and implement measures to cost optimize manufacturing and improve quality processes
- Make and update instructions and routines for a product or a manufacturing process as a part of the standard operational procedures
- Start-up of new production lines/ cells
- Lead continuous improvement and Lean practice initiatives across Protan’s manufacturing sites
- Responsible for developing manufacturing operations in line with advantages of digitalisation and technology
- Support product calculations when needed including business case analysis
- Support non-conformance handling of customer and supplier complaints
- Support approval process of new machinery and equipment
- Take part in the R&D Team’s strategic and tactical work
- In cooperation with manufacturing management, you will be responsible for contact with global suppliers of manufacturing lines and process equipment relevant for our industry
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a manufacturing engineer in a similar industry
- Graduate engineer at BSc or MSc level, primarily in mechanical engineering
- You have experience within Lean manufacturing and implementation of Lean
- Certified in Six Sigma or similar is an advantage
- Mechanical, electrical, digital, chemistry/material technology know how
- Good technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, plant layout, assembly and production equipment
- Experience with product development
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, written and oral
We are looking for a high performer and a strong team player who can drive improvements within the manufacturing community. You are energetic, quality orientated and pay attention to detail. You must be able to both work in a team and individually, and you must work systematically with problem solving and have the ability to build relations and trust through competence.
- Great development opportunities in an international company
- Interesting work assignments and independent tasks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Good insurance and pension schemes, including AFP scheme
- Protan is an IA company
Application deadline: 25.05.2021
Do you find this intereseting? Apply today as we evaluate applications continously.
COO Protan Membranes
Mob 911 71 883