Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for an Electrical and Automation Engineer – Norway.
Norwegian speaking, senior engineering role for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual, with background from process/wastewater environment.
Discipline lead for electrical / automation aspects of next generation environmental improvement projects from concept, through to handover and optimisation.
Lead and develop company electrical and automation capability, with the opportunity to manage a department and team in future.
- Confident team player, not afraid of responsibility.
- Enjoys innovation, and developing best practice / best value solutions.
- Attention to detail while maintaining good holistic overview of projects.
- Good balance of electrical engineering theory and practical / construction experience
- Confident, diplomatic, personable and customer/partner focussed.
- Risk / change aware.
- Excited by environmental best practice and excellent engineering solutions
- Enjoys mechanical, electrical and process environment.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering / Automation Engineering qualification, either vocational or academic considered.
- Proven experience of working and delivering electrical and automation projects in an industrial environment – water / wastewater is an advantage.
- Knowledge of ATEX requirements.
- Electrical and control system installation knowledge. Cable test records, IO testing and lock off procedures.
- Experience of variable speed drives set up and adjustment.
- Instrumentation knowledge. Experience of instrument and controller calibration. Programming instrument set points locally.
- Experience of management of suppliers, and specialist disciplines including process engineers.
- Well experienced with a range of different hardware and software solutions for control, instrumentation and automation.
- Good written and spoken language abilities in both English and Norwegian.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001 quality assurance and good engineering practices.
- Good knowledge of HMS aspects.
- Good fluency with IT including word and excel. AutoCAD and MS project is an advantage.
- Knowledge/experience in budget calculation of work related to electrical/automation
- Development and delivery or electrical and automation systems based on requirements of process design team.
- Producing clear invitations to tender based on national standards, process design and customer specification.
- Evaluation of bidders, bid clarifications and assisting in preparing discipline contract documents
- Management and production of electrical design coordination documentation including IO lists, single line diagrams and load lists.
- Coordination and checking of subcontractor design documentation in accordance with process design, specification and national standards.
- Managing electrical and automation subcontracts including technical and commercial aspects.
- Overseeing installation works on site, including quality assurance.
- Supporting commissioning and start up.
- Leading Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance testing.
- Driving innovative and value with regard to system design and component selection.
- Troubleshooting instrumentation and automation issues.
- Surveying existing electrical systems in industrial environments, and planning for modification / enhancement and new installation.
- Monitoring time plans and reporting to all stakeholders including project management and the customer electrical / automation discipline leads.
- Completion and filing of checklists
- Recording and following up defects.
- Monitoring hold points and ensuring works proceed only in a safe and correct manner in accordance with the process requirements.
- Working with the process systems and customers post commissioning to continue to optimize and troubleshoot the completed system.
- Performing budget calculations for electrical/automation both in bidding phase and in execution phase
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Workplace: Head office in Tønsberg Norway.
A good mix of site and office based work is expected.
If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Wenche Dokken, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org