Are you interested in managing the best marine projects with one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Now you have the opportunity.
Since 1930, COWI has pushed the boundaries of marine and foundation design through our involvement in more than 3,000 projects worldwide.
With a full set of world-class competencies within marine and foundation engineering combined with local presence and experience, our more than 300 dedicated professionals are ready to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world – no matter how large or small. We manage our projects from offices located in Scandinavia, UK, Germany, Middle East, India, SE Asia and North America.
We want to be the best place to work. We promote a collaborative mind-set, work internationally and engage with our colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
Following further contract awards we are actively seeking to recruit a professional and career minded Project Manager for Port Structures to join our highly skilled Marine team, based from our office in Oslo, Norway.
The role will see you managing small to medium port projects during all project phases, from conceptual design to detailed design.
BE PART OF AN INTERNATIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
As Project Manager for port structures, you will be supporting our growing portfolio of marine work in Norway and will also have the opportunity to work on international marine projects.
You will be accountable for being the market lead for expanding our pipeline within port and waterfront development projects in Norway in close cooperation with our market director for Scandinavia. This includes developing and maintaining a good relationship to external clients, our internal business partners and coordinating and preparing proposals.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS CREATE VALUE
You hold master's degree in Structural engineering and have relevant experience with design management related to marine structures. You have experience related to:
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of structural design, especially in the fields of port structures design
- Good insight in construction methods and contractor`s capabilities and restrictions
- Good insight to the marine market in Norway and preferably a network to potential Clients for marine works in Norway
Furthermore, you can recognise yourself in the following statements:
- You possess excellent reporting and communication skills in both personal and written form
- You are self-motivated and engaged
- You have a solid understanding of the business
- You are able to work across disciplines
- You are able to maintain an overview in a complex environment
- You have CAD/BIM experience from Autocad/Tekla/Civil 3D is an advantage
- You are willing to travel to meet clients
- You have good communication skills in Norwegian and English (oral and written)
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
We offer an exciting job in COWI where we place emphasis on personal commitment, responsibility, and independence in everything we do. We offer you challenging multidisciplinary projects in an international company and the possibility of expatriation. You will be part of an open and informal working environment with good employment practices, flexible employee benefits and a health insurance.
We boast a good social environment, which is development-oriented, and which considers sparring and knowledge sharing to be key elements. You will also have the chance to shape your position, and targeted development and supplementary training will be a natural part of your job.
For further information, please feel free to contact:
Jan Erik Børja Berg
Vice President, Marine and Foundation
E-mail: email@example.com (only for additional questions)
Mobile: +47 959 19 824
We look forward to receiving your CV and application as soon as possible as the recruitment process is ongoing.