Join our growing business in Norway and become a part of our environmental department at the Tromsø office, which will be opened in August, with a strong team lead profile from Tromsø already in place. The opening of this office is part of our overall growth strategy as well as an initiative in building our global organisation.
You will contribute to strengthening our capability to handle environmental challenges with a specific focus on the Arctic region through applying your expertise in environmental assessments and environmental engineering projects.
Exiting projects will deepen your expertise and strengthen our team internationally
As the specialist in our new Environmental group in Tromsø, your main area of responsibility will be to work closely together with the team manager to win arctic environmental projects. In doing this, you will cooperate with the global environmental team to strengthen our capability to handle environmental challenges in the Arctic region. Your daily tasks will be a combination of supplying a specialist’s insight in the project and to support business development initiatives. Other exiting tasks waiting for you are to:
- Provide specialist consultancy for oil and gas clients, incl. environmental assessments, environmental engineering, planning, permitting and management aspects of both national and international projects
- Support and develop new services, customer network and project portfolio
- Facilitate experience transfer/knowledge sharing with project members internationally across the global organisation
- Provide guidance to project members
You will become a part of the Ramboll Oil & Gas Norway organisation with environmental team colleagues in Stavanger and Oslo/Sandefjord.
Talented, hardworking person that thrives in a changing environment
To be a success in this job, you are without question a person who is ambitious and thrives in a role where you contribute to creating business opportunities with your specialist and environmental knowledge. You are a talented, motivated and theoretically well-founded person that enjoys to share your knowledge with the team, and who accepts and tackles goals with enthusiasm. Thus, you seek and proactively take responsibility for the growing business, as well as projects, with a keen eye for identifying business opportunities due to your skilled environmental expertise. People in the business enjoy working with you, both because of your professional skills – and also because you understand the value of building long-lasting relationships in which you relate well to people at all levels. Combine the above with a good sense of humour and a positive outlook at work, and you are well on the way to a brilliant continuation of your career in Ramboll.
The ideal candidate also possesses the following key qualifications:
- A higher education within environmental topics, preferably a Master’s degree
- Min. 10 years of relevant work experience within the following fields:
- Assessment of environmental impacts from onshore/offshore oil & gas installations
- Marine environment
- Good knowledge of the environmental challenges affiliated with the Arctic and Northern Norway, e.g. impact from ice or other cold climate factors
- Oil spill preparedness & response consulting
- Environmental technology (e.g. oil and water treatment and/or oil in ice)
- Onshore/Offshore surveys/monitoring/audit
- HSE management
- Authority management
- A strong network within oil and gas customers and companies which enables you to drive our business combined with a good relationship with research units within the field
- Very good English language skills in addition to being fluent in Norwegian orally and written
Your new colleagues
You will become part of an international company with an ambitious growth plan for the world market; incl. Norway. As an environmental specialist you will also be part of the environmental team in ROG, working closely together with colleagues in other offices, e.g. Stavanger, Oslo, Sandefjord, Copenhagen, Esbjerg, Doha (ME) and Chennai.
The environmental team includes environmental engineers, biologists, geographers, geophysicists and many more. As part of the on-boarding program in Ramboll, you will participate in familiarisation stays, e.g. at our Copenhagen offices.
So, if you want to be challenged in your profession, learn something new – or mentor those with less experience, and make a difference in an upcoming engineering company characterised by a flat structure, committed colleagues and an international atmosphere, then send your application now.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Environmental Team Manager, Søren Knudsen at phone no. 47 95 22 91 28 or Team Manager Cathrine Henaug at +47 92 82 07 53.
If you are interested in applying, please send your mail through our online recruitment system by clicking the link to apply: